Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eckel Talks ActionScript!

One of my favorite authors, Bruce Eckel now writes on ActionScript!!!
(He :

  1. is the reason, I feel confident on Java and C++,
  2. gives amazing insights on programming in his books, check them out!
  3. simply the coolest, because he gave out his books for free! )
AS - language I spend most of my time with.

Wow!

Take a look at:
  1. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/creating_components.html
  2. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/as_collections.html

I am going to look for more articles he may have written on AS, see if I can come up with anything, Welcome to ActionScript Bruce!

There is another important point to note here...
If Bruce Eckel is writing on AS... it means that:
  1. either AS is really good, worth writing about
  2. or it has now become 1
  3. or there are a lot of business opportunities in AS
  4. or Adobe hired him and asked him to write something on AS.
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above.
Another point to note... though it could be a little far fetched.
ECMAScript 4 (and probable AS4 ) proposes Iterators, and Bruce takes the same topic as an example to explain functional programming. Coincidence?

Anyway, I find that I get into the "hero-worship" mode really quickly, and that mode switch is happening again....

Bruce Eckel writes on AS3 and Flex... cool!

Other References...

:)

S.

No comments: