Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adaptive Experience

About a year or so ago, I remember pestering one of the project managers with the nuances of experience design. I had shared 2 links with this guy, the first to a beautiful presentation (on SlideShare) that I promised would change how he looks at web based applications and the second to an equally cool presentation by Adaptive Path (http://www.adaptivepath.com/).

The poor chap had a tough time working it all out with me, but, in the end "something" did get done! There was output, never mind the absence of parameters to say if it was good or bad. At that time I was glad it got over. In the mean time, I kept wanting to go back to the app design situation and try to come up with a framework that could put a map to the chaos. When I checked my bookmarks, I realized, I had lost one of the two links.

What prompted this post was a presentation that Shreyasi shared around a few days ago (a biggie thankyou to her :) ):

 


The elements of User Experience

 


The interesting bit is that it looks like the link I've been missing, but, I am not so sure.

 



However, I still have the other link - the adaptive path presentation. It's got sound and all. Pretty neat! check it out:

[slideshare id=146514&doc=experience-is-the-product-1193404596921899-1]

(tangent: Big Thank you to the WordPress and SlideShare teams. Embedded slideshare presentations totally rock!)

It looks like I have both the links today, but need a new set of tools to frame the app design situation a bit better. Adaptive Experience...hehe.

 


To trim a long tale a bit, I find the work (or at the very least the ideas) that the guys at Adaptive Path come up with really impressive. Following their blog(http://www.adaptivepath.com/blog/ ) and essays(http://www.adaptivepath.com/ideas/essays/archives/ ) comes highly recommended!

 



cheers!

S.

No comments: