Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wave's out. Adobe Wave that is.

I have been curious about this for a long time now. I see a lot of potential of such a service.

Adobe wave (beta) is out.

See: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/wave/

It looks kinda like RSS, only better. You get alerts on your desktop when ever updates happen. (uh! I always feel weak when I have to explain the difference between email and SMS) RSS is email, this is SMS.

Basically sites would carry a "Get updates with Adobe Wave" badge. You, their audience would click on the badge and each time the site updates, you get a desktop notification.

Kinda neat huh! I see a lot of applications. Esp. for the on-line education applications and services sector. Another feature to add to the potential Web 2.0/Education 2.0 candy store.

Check out the demo videos: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/wave/videos/
...and those who, like me, like to code may try: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/wave/developers/

Nice stuff as usual! Let's see where this goes.

---

PS:

1. I think I might be totally wrong about this one. So do check out those links above and correct me here.

2. When I received the announcement mail this morning, I realized, I had not wet my hands with code in some time! I loathe being that word running, excel pushing, empty headed ager-man. I kinda lost sight of what I liked in the business in the first place. Being an ager-man is okay, but, it's not rewarding unless you have a purpose. What you really like doing gives you the purpose. To lead you need a head.

And I got mine back in place now. So, with luck, I'll make time, get back in my play pen and rumble code a bit more now.
.
.
.
:) :) :)

2 comments:

John Shapiro said...

Yep, your description is pretty much spot on here. Thanks for checking out Adobe Wave!

John Shapiro
Sr. Product Manager, Adobe Wave

shauryashaurya said...

AWESOME! I am excited to begin working with this. Thanks for stopping by John :)