Tuesday, July 14, 2009

...and then came Silverlight 3 !

Yeah!

SilverLight 3 is here.

Loads and loads of new features. Infact, I am sure this is going to heat up the RIA wars with the Flash Platform.

Silverlight now combines the features of Flash 10, Flex, AIR and Pixel Bender all in one!

Also, Expression Studio already does what Flash Catalyst is supposed to do next year (or by the end of this year, when ever).

Hell I am impressed!!! Looks like with Bing, Azure and a host of new products, Microsoft's getting it right all over again! And Silverlight 3 appears to be another one of those aces.

Take a look at the complete feature listing here: http://silverlight.net/getstarted/silverlight3/default.aspx

...and I'll go start working on some samples now.

ciao!

S.

edit: Did I mention Sliverlight 3 also supports desktop applications for both Windows and Mac now? (I haven't tested this yet, but what the hell! Its exciting to hear those words...!)

No comments: